Inotify is a linux kernel subsystem, that notice changes to the filesystem, and report those changes to applications.
The interface provide a OCaml program to use easily inotify.
- version 1.0
- version 0.9
- version 0.8
- version 0.7
- version 0.6
- version 0.5
- version 0.4
- version 0.3
- version 0.2
- version 0.1
The interface is very easy to use, and almost like the C library.
exception Error of string * int type select_event = | S_Access | S_Attrib | S_Close_write | S_Close_nowrite | S_Create | S_Delete | S_Delete_self | S_Modify | S_Move_self | S_Moved_from | S_Moved_to | S_Open | S_Dont_follow | S_Mask_add | S_Oneshot | S_Onlydir | S_Move | S_Close | S_All type type_event = | Access | Attrib | Close_write | Close_nowrite | Create | Delete | Delete_self | Modify | Move_self | Moved_from | Moved_to | Open | Ignored | Isdir | Q_overflow | Unmount type wd type event = wd * type_event list * int32 * string option val string_of_event : type_event -> string val int_of_wd : wd -> int val init : unit -> Unix.file_descr val add_watch : Unix.file_descr -> string -> select_event list -> wd val rm_watch : Unix.file_descr -> wd -> unit val read : Unix.file_descr -> (int * type_event list * int32 * string option) list
- 1.0: Add proper Inotify.Error exception with useful information instead of using caml_failwith.
- 0.9: Fix a bug related to offset in the buf introduced during previous changes.
- 0.8: Fix string to not contains the trailing null that inotify add to keep structure address-aligned. found by Gregory Bellier.
- 0.7: some buildings fixes by Sylvain Le Gall, and few others fixes
- 0.6: license mixup fixed. now correclty reference LGPL 2.1 everywhere
- 0.5: Improve installation/deinstallation of the package with ocamlfind
- 0.4: Add a compat layer for old glibc (< 2.4)
- 0.3: Abstract wd type, and add a int_of_wd conversion function
- 0.2: few fixes in types, and add a mli file
- 0.1: initial implementation.